Twitch Streamer starts Grease Fire during live stream


Just as cooking shows attract large, dedicated audiences on network television, cooking streams are an incredibly popular category in Muscular contraction. Unlike more professional productions, however, the people who cook on the streaming platform aren’t necessarily experts with the necessary training and equipment. This is when potentially dangerous situations can arise, all in front of a Twitch audience that can’t do much to help.

In the past, there have been some screen catastrophes captured on Twitch. These have mostly involved robberies, incidents of scams, and even earthquakes, tornadoes, and other natural disasters. Sometimes the incidents aren’t too serious and can be joked about later, such as when Twitch streamer Woofy caught fire in his hair, presumably due to the presence of hairspray and a lit candle nearby.

GAMERANT VIDEO OF THE DAY

RELATED: Adorable Pokemon Cooking Video Creates Treats With Pikachu and Jigglypuff

Other fire situations aren’t always ruled out so easily. On Wednesday, Twitch content creator Kjanecaron was performing a sub-aural and decided to stream herself cooking. Things soon started to go off the rails as his kitchen filled with smoke and the atmosphere generally seemed a little chaotic. Soon, however, things got even worse when the fire alarm began to sound and the grease in Kjanecaron’s skillet burst into flames. Video of the incident on YouTube can be viewed here, but be aware that there is some offensive language.


Kjanecaron’s immediate reaction was to place the burning pot in a sink of water, which only made the fire grow. Fortunately, she quickly realized her mistake and moved the pot back to the stove, where she ended up burning herself after a panic-filled minute. All the while, Kjanecaron was asking for help and pointing out that she didn’t have a fire extinguisher. Luckily, the streamer’s house didn’t catch fire and the situation resolved itself with minimal damage.

While many in the audience and those who watched the clip afterwards joked about the accident and even mocked Kjanecaron, the situation could have quickly gotten serious. According to the National Fire Protection Association, kitchen accidents are the leading cause of home fires. One of the biggest mistakes people make in panic is trying to extinguish a grease fire with water, which is extremely dangerous and can cause the flame to explode outside where it can land on towels, cabinets, and wooden utensils. Of course, every house should have a fire extinguisher in the kitchen, but other than that, grease fires should be put out, for example, by smothering them with a pot lid.


When making cooking streams in Muscular contraction or other platforms may attract viewers, it is not always a good idea if proper safety precautions are not taken. Many streamers are already distracted, due to the multitasking required to read and respond to chat while also doing whatever activity they are streaming. For some people, it might be a better idea to play a cooking simulator and save real-life meal prep for when the cameras are off.

MORE: Skyrim: 10 Best Cooked Foods

Source: NFPA


kika

Twitch Streamer and YouTuber Kika Died at 21

Read on


About the author


Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.